About this course
EMBODYING YOUR CURRICULUM SPRING 2021 OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT
IN-DEPTH COURSE DESCRIPTION
This course engages professors with four online modules and is held for six consecutive weeks. Of course, professors can go at their own pace to suit their schedules and life circumstances.
Each module includes:
- One webinar per week that guides professors through each module and answer questions about their specific processes. Webinars are recorded for participants to view at their leisure.
- Presentations that address trauma-informed paradigms for healing, transformation, and embodied social justice.
- Recorded Guided Practices & Processes designed for calming the mind and nervous system.
- Worksheets that help professors track their own progress and implement the skills and practices from the course into their classrooms.
- Discussion boards to share participants’ experiences, ask questions, and get direct feedback on specific issues and questions.
The webinar videos are roughly 90 minutes long and cover the material in the specific module.
Throughout each webinar, we share our teachings regarding the course material, lead practices, and provide facilitation for the specific needs of the professors who participate. This format provides professors with a unique opportunity to learn from the questions and experiences of other participants as they receive support and guidance.
In this course, professors will:
- Develop effective tools and skills for connecting with their students and learning process in this new paradigm of learning that we face during the pandemic.
- Understand how the movements for racial justice and the pandemic may be influencing their students’ ability to focus, why online learning technology can amplify challenges to student attention, and what can be done to respond effectively.
- Gain specific tools for addressing race and racialized trauma in the classroom.
- Learn how trauma impacts learning and how it poses even more of a challenge in online classes; develop tools for addressing trauma and nervous system dysregulation in oneself and in the classroom.
- Cultivate a learning environment in which students feel seen and heard in their learning process and develop skills for effectively engaging them when in-person classes are not possible.
- Gain new skills for effective group teaching in an online platform so that professors can utilize group energy to create coherent and secure learning environments online and in person.
- Develop nervous system regulation tools so that instead of feeling burned out, professors feel effective, connected, and energized.
SCHEDULE AND PRICING
Embodying Your curriculum is a 6-week online course consisting of 4 modules.
Winter: May 2-June 13, 2021
Webinars are held Sundays from 9:30 am-11 am PST for 6 weeks, beginning May 9. Please mark your calendars. You will always have access to the recording of the webinar if you cannot attend the live sessions.
Includes 6-week online course
Weekly webinars during course
Worksheets, videos, and materials for learning the practices and integrating them into your classroom
Ongoing peer cohorts for the 3 quarters following the completion of the course
3 webinars (1 per quarter) after the completion of the course to continue your integration and ask questions
Ongoing email and discussion board support in which you can ask questions and receive feedback for the 3 quarters following the course
Institutions can choose to send a few select faculty to take our course, and those faculty will receive our ongoing support via email, discussion board, and quarterly webinars in the 3 quarters following to teach faculty at their home institutions how to begin working with the practices of trauma-informed pedagogy.
Institutions that enroll their professors in Embodying your Curriculum receive a 20% discount off the per student price of our student course Resiliency and Intelligence.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
All sales are final. We understand that schedules change and things happen, and below are your options in that event:
- Transfer: Participants may transfer their registration to another date, for a fee of $250. The Fee is non-negotiable. You must give us at least 30 days notice before the start of the course you're registered for to transfer your participation.
- Cancellations: If we cancel a program, registered participants will be given the option to either transfer to a program on a different date or to receive a full refund.
Cost per person is $2,100.